L'oreal True Match Foundation - A First Impression

09:30


Hello Lovelies!

Today I wanted to do something I've never done on my blog before- a first impressions post. I've seen them done before and I thought I'd give it a go! 

This is L'oreal Paris' newest foundation release. They've re-formulated the old True Match foundation which is a well loved foundation by many, although, I never found the right shade for me (I don't know what it is about drugstore foundations but I can never find a shade that fits me perfectly) also, I found the old formulation was quite heavy on the skin so I was excited to give this one a go.

The new formulation is said to have oils which make the foundation blend better and new pigments for a more radiant complexion and it really does just that. 

I used my Real Techniques Buffing brush from their Core Collection with a pump of the foundation and buffed it into my skin. It blends really well and is very light on your skin it almost feels like you're not wearing foundation at all, however, I did have to blot and re apply powder throughout the day so keep this in mind if you have oilier skin. The shade I picked up- Golden Beige- is a shade too dark so I'm going to have to pick up a lighter one. Overall, this is such a great foundation and is one you definitely need to have in your collection.

Have you tried this foundation yet?

- Darcy Victoria
xxx


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. That's a great review, hon. And yes, I tried it and since I have oily skin (sometimes lol) it didn't work perfectly for me. I did like the formula though. Great idea to do the 1st impression review, girlie <3
    xox Nadia
    http://mielandmint.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hun! I've got oily skin too but I felt maybe I could manage by just blotting and re applying powder. I'm going to purchase a shade lighter and give it another go as I do have high hopes for it!

      - Darcy Victoria
      xxx

      Delete